Today Rebecca shares another resource you can find on the Library Canvas Page.
Also, I will review how you can communicate with parents, students, and teachers using groups in Outlook.
- NewsBank – Rebecca
- Email Groups – Lisa
Information about Email Groups comes from a prior post on the EdTech Blog:
Original Post: Teachers and staff want to quickly communicate with groups of students, teachers and parents. In the past, this has required you to look up those groups in PowerSchool and copy-paste the addresses into an e-mail. Now, we have a solution that syncs PowerSchool course groups into Outlook. This means you can look up and email groups of parents, students and teachers directly in Outlook.
Click this link to see a complete list of all the groups in the system Updated Groups 09/23/2020 (login required).
You can also use autocomplete to look them up – read on to find out how.
What groups can you look up?
- A student’s mother or father in Outlook, i.e. “John MAO Junhao Father” or “John MAO Junhao Mother”
- Parents of students in a section, i.e. “Parents of Students in AP Economics – B – Cooper”
- Parents of students in a course, by teacher, i.e. “Parents of Students in AP Economics – Y1 – Cooper”
- Parents of students in a course, regardless of teacher, i.e. “Parents of Students in AP Economics”
- Students in a section, i.e. “Students in AP Calculus AB – Redl – B – EmailGroup”
- All teachers of a student, i.e. “Teachers of John MAO Junhao”. Note that this emails all teachers of the student, including advisers and ASA instructors.
- All teachers of a course, i.e. “Teachers of AP Economics”
Show me how
The video below demonstrates how to look up these PowerSchool groups in Outlook.