Updated March 13, 2020: Group names and addresses have updated to fix a bug with term enrollments not being processed correctly. Elective courses that meet for one semester now e-mail the correct group of students for that term. Click this link to see a complete list of all the groups in the system
Original Post: Teachers and staff want to quickly communicate with groups of students, teachers and parents. In the past, this has required you to look up those groups in PowerSchool and copy-paste the addresses into an e-mail. Now, we have a solution that syncs PowerSchool course groups into Outlook. This means you can look up and email groups of parents, students and teachers directly in Outlook.
Click this link to see a complete list of all the groups in the system (login required).
You can also use autocomplete to look them up – read on to find out how.
What groups can you look up?
- A student’s mother or father in Outlook, i.e. “John MAO Junhao Father” or “John MAO Junhao Mother”
- Parents of students in a section, i.e. “Parents of Students in AP Economics – B – Cooper”
- Parents of students in a course, by teacher, i.e. “Parents of Students in AP Economics – Y1 – Cooper”
- Parents of students in a course, regardless of teacher, i.e. “Parents of Students in AP Economics”
- Students in a section, i.e. “Students in AP Calculus AB – Redl – B – EmailGroup”
- All teachers of a student, i.e. “Teachers of John MAO Junhao”. Note that this emails all teachers of the student, including advisers and ASA instructors.
- All teachers of a course, i.e. “Teachers of AP Economics”
Show me how
The video below demonstrates how to look up these PowerSchool groups in Outlook.
powered by Advanced iFrame free. Get the Pro version on CodeCanyon.