Sending emails home about Incompletes or Not Yets doesn’t have to be a chore. Learn how you can mostly automate the process in less than ten minutes by watching the guide above (NCPA login required due to presence of student information).
If you need to mass-email parents, you can save a lot of time by using Word’s e-mail merge feature!
To do this, you need to
- Create a spreadsheet containing the students with incompletes, the name of the assignment, and their parent email, each in its own column. You can download this information from sqlReports 4.
- Set up your mail account in Outlook for Mac.
- Make sure Outlook is your default mail program – use Apple Mail.app to change it if necessary.
- Write your form letter in Word.
- Do a mail merge by telling Word to look at the spreadsheet you created in step 1, and then inserting merge fields.
- Use the Merge to E-Mail button to send out all of your emails.
See the video below to see all of these steps in action.